Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. Successful applicants will be informed and accepting of cultural diversity, and have the ability to work and support all people with dignity and respect. This position is open to all genders.
In your cover letter please indicate where you heard about this job posting.
Service Area: Seniors Services
Program: Better at Home
Position: Program Coordinator
Location: 22718 Lougheed Highway, Maple Ridge
Nature of Position
The person in this position will have a natural disposition and friendliness towards seniors, and will be responsible for coordinating the program and service delivery of the Better at Home Seniors Outreach and Home Support Program, including:
- Registering and intake of seniors into the program.
- Home visits, as required.
- Data entry (Client Administrative Management Database)
- Maintaining program, client and volunteer records
- Completing and submitting funder and program reports
- Performance Quality Improvement, including program evaluations, client and volunteer surveys, and outcome reports
- Daily communication with clients and volunteers (ie, booking services)
- Providing information and referral to seniors
- Maintaining communication logs
- Organizing and running volunteer drop-ins and volunteer appreciation events
- Working closely with community partners and agencies.
- recruitment, orientation, and training of volunteers to support service delivery, ie, volunteer drivers, volunteer visitors, and handypersons.
- Participating in agency and community events
Qualifications (education and experience)
- A minimum of a 2-year diploma in a related human/social services field and a minimum of two years experience working in the community social services sector, specifically with vulnerable seniors and with volunteer coordination.
- A minimum of one year working experience with databases, including client administrative management systems.
- Current First Aid/CPR, and Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Valid Drivers License, a minimum of 3 million vehicle liability insurance with business class, and a clean drivers record.
Required Skills (knowledge and skills)
- Strong computer/technological skills (Office 2013 – with an emphasis in Excel, CAMS, Access database, social media, research online, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills, file management, scheduling and time management
- Ability to coordinate and balance a variety of tasks and projects.
- Thorough knowledge of senior community resources and supports, and the ability to access such resources.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage work time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client outcome measurement, client information management, and client file management.
- Knowledgeable about Community Services, accreditation practices, performance quality improvement, client and program records and documentation.
- This position requires use of personal vehicle
- This position requires Union membership
Shift/Schedule/Hours per week: Monday to Thursday (8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Expected Start Date: asap
Wage/Salary: starting at $23.23/hour
Grid Level: 12
Application Deadline: May 20, 2020, 4 pm
Submit Applications to: email@example.com