Better At Home
Temporary Scope of Service
Our Better at Home program is still open and available to seniors, offering support services as always. We have adjusted our services during the COVID pandemic, and continue to provide:
- grocery shopping and delivery
- prescription pickup and delivery
- Wellness phone checkins
- Friendly visits on the phone
If you are in need of these services, please call our office at 604-467-6911, Ext. 1232, and a staff will return your call as messages are checked daily
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Enabling seniors to function at their optimum level and maintain their independence
Assists geographically and socially isolated seniors to become more independent, thus allowing them to remain in their own homes as long as possible.
- Transportation services is tailored to meet the needs of seniors who are living in their own homes and require transportation to medical appointments. Shopping services encourages seniors to accompany volunteers on shopping outings.
- Visiting services provides friendly visits to seniors in their homes.
- Housekeeping services provides non-medical home support (i.e. cleaning, laundry).
- Handyman/woman Service offers affordable home maintenance to seniors, helping to provide a safe home environment.
Must be 65 years or older and reside in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows. Must be able to get in and out of the volunteers vehicle with limited assistance. Eligible individuals must register in the program.
Priced on a sliding scale according to the individual's income level
*Please note that parking fees are the responsibility of the senior
The United Way of the Lower Mainland and the Government of British Columbia
Joanne Leginus, Program Director or Charlie Christie, Community Support Worker/Admin. Asst.
Joanne 604.467.6911ext. 1206 or Charlie 604.467.6911 ext. 1232
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
22718 Lougheed Hwy., Maple Ridge V2X 2V6